This Tornado was one of many that struck during the outbreak of the 17th November 2013. Find out more about the outbreak at the bottom of the article.
In the surveillance camera video below, watch the November 2013 Diamond, Illinois Tornado sweep a display house away.
The surveillance camera footage was captured by the surveillance cameras at TD Pete’s Diamond Shell on the day the Tornado struck.
With that being said, listed below are a few facts regarding the outbreak:
- This outbreak had just over seventy Tornadoes across seven states including Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio.
- Illinois and Indiana had fifty five of these Tornadoes.
were twenty five Tornadoes in Illinois identified.
- Fourteen being significant (EF-2 or stronger)
- Three being EF-3 Tornadoes
- Two being EF-4 Tornadoes
- One supercell in Illinois dropped five Tornadoes, which were the ones to impact Perkin, Washington, Dana, Coal City, Manhattan and Frankfort – not forgetting Diamond.
- The EF-4 Tornado which struck Washington, Illinois, had winds of one hundred and ninety miles per hour.
- There were thirty Tornadoes in Indiana identified.
- One hundred and one Tornado warnings were issued for Illinois on the day of the outbreak.
We will be producing an relive in video article for this particular outbreak in the near future.